The 3 Keys To A Successful Childcare Program!
Although the childcare care industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the U.S., there is no doubt that opening a childcare center can be intimidating. There are several factors to consider before embarking on this venture, but here are 3 things you can’t forget that will ensure the success of your new business.
- Incorporating Technology
- Following the Policies
- A Good Team
1. Incorporating Technology
With more than 80% of new parents being millennials, there is no question that millennials will be your primary clientele for the foreseeable future, and here’s what you need to know about these parents!
- Millennials are mobile-first, spending more than 17 hours a week on apps
- They Cherish tools that help them stay in touch
- 91% of Millennials always keep their phone within reach
- 95% of text messages received by a millennial will be read within 3 minutes
This generation has grown up with technology, and their primary objective is to feel connected. The key to marketing your business well to this group is ensuring that your school is moving with the times and making your school easily accessible digitally.
- Online Presence: Having an online presence with a professional website will be your first interaction with prospective parents. They can pull up your school’s information within seconds at their fingertips. You can give new prospective parents a window into your school through your social media pages.
- Digital Enrollment: Make Enrollment simple and easy. With tools like ChildPilot, parents can fill out documents digitally, pay registration fees, and communicate with you quickly right from their phones!
- Automated digital payments: Online bill pay is crucial to attracting and keeping Millennial families. The convenience of flexible payment options will help your center stay competitive, as statistics show that most Americans prefer to pay with a credit card over debit cards and cash.
- Connectivity: Once a family is enrolled, you can keep these tech-savvy parents engaged and a key part of their child’s day with digital updates and images with an easy-to-use parent application like the ChildPilot Parent App. Remember, Millennial moms’ primary objective in using technology is to stay in touch.
2. Following the Policies
Establishing clear policies and procedures from the start will help maintain the quality of care you provide at a high standard while ensuring that you are within federal and state regulations. All licensed childcare centers have policies and standards that must be met to operate their facility. These minimum standards often include health regulations, acceptable ratios, day-to-day operations, etc.
Following the licensing requirements and providing parents with a handbook that will give them a complete understanding of your business’s mission, offerings, and policies will ensure that they will know what to expect when their child is in your care and help you avoid potential conflicts that may arise.
3. A Good Team
Undoubtedly, your business will only be as good as the people you hire. Finding like-minded individuals with a passion for education and a heart for children is pivotal in making your business successful. However, this is no easy task in your search; try not to turn away every imperfect candidate. Instead, seek qualities and find the potential in everyone you meet that can be taught and trained with the values of your business.
When you build a team that mirrors your passion and beliefs in why your school and fill your classrooms with staff that exudes positivity and a natural love for early childhood, the walls will speak for themselves on your tours and whenever a parent steps inside your business.
Stepping into the world of early childhood is challenging and can become overwhelming. Still, if you keep the 3 keys to success within reach or work with a company like ChildPilot that can help embed them into your business through their software, you will surely make your center the best among the rest.